RSS

New Millennium Food Lounge

Back-to-back reviews only means one thing in my world = I have serious time to kill. So off we got to another family favourite, the New Millennium Food Lounge. "Lounge ah? So... where exactly is this lounge?" was what sprouted out of my mom's mouth when we first came to this restaurant (yes, I'm refusing to called it a 'lounge') several years back. And up until now, I'm also struggling to connect the 'lounge' part of the place, since nothing in the restaurant remotely resembles a typical lounge. But then again maybe I'm the slow one who did not get what they're trying to convey here (feel free to tell me all about it). The location is central enough (Fajar Complex, Tawau) although you do need to dig a little deeper since the shop is tucked away in a somewhat remote area of the complex. But it's easily found if you search for the recently closed pub called Richbaby in that area because it's in the same row as said establishment.

So lets brush off my confusions aside for a while and focus on the most important part of any review, the food. Among the eateries in Tawau, this place is probably one of the most underrated places that I've been to. I remember a friend recommended this restaurant to me and from what I've seen (since my family and I are regular patrons for several years now) the place manage to maintain a stable and very loyal following by using this word-of-mouth method. And boy, this place is almost always packed, no matter what day it is. The food might be a big part of that of course, since hats of to the cook for some simply delicious dishes. This time around we had Sambal Nasi Goreng (my favourite), Mixed Vegetable Rice (one guess who ordered that one) and dad had a Spicy Prawns with Rice. We also added a Sweet & Sour Sliced Fish and I'm very happy to report that all of the dishes mentioned got glowing reviews from all of us. Another plus point for them is their very generous portion of the food despite a recent hiked in their prices (again). I'm trying to think of other positive points for this place because there's a huge negative with it (which sadly is still showing no improvement). Although they do have efficient waitresses, their kitchen staff is another matter. Oh My God (this place warrants a full OMG).....  This place won the slowest kitchen service award hands down. Snails might even be enjoying a laugh at their expense. If you really wanted to try out this restaurant, make sure that you had a lot of time on your hands and prepare to wait for a very long time. And I mean, a very long time, even if you're the first ones there.

** Current status - Still in operation (as of November 2013)







  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Time flies, it's been more than 4 years after your post here.
Since it was the nice food that keep you & your family members patronising this place so often, may I suggest that you ask for the permission to have a sharing with the chief Cook inside the kitchen.
You might have some surprising findings on your doubt.

Leena J said...

Thank u for stopping by & for the suggestion. That's not a bad idea actually, i might do some sort of a follow-up in the future

Post a Comment