RSS

Ikan Bakar Royale

This has NEVER happen to me before. Okay, so I might be a little dramatic here. But what I'm trying to say is that I'm actually posting foodie reviews back-to-back, about the SAME place but with different names. You get me? No? Then let me explain a bit...

If you've read a very recent review that I did on the Nasi Ayam Hainan Restaurant (like, 2 posts ago) I've mentioned that I've discovered the eatery through banners being strategically placed around town. So a few days after that, we've again discovered a new place being opened called Ikan Bakar Royale on the same area as the previous restaurant, again through banners. Not suspecting anything (well, can you think straight when you're on an empty stomach? Yup, thought so) we followed the direction to this new establishment. And to me and my partner's surprise, we ended up on the same place as the Nasi Ayam Hainan eatery. Heck, it is the exact place, only now it is known under a different name. I know I have a not-so-good experience with the place before, but I've decided to give it another go since I'm already there anyway. And based on the new name, I was hoping for an improvement on the menus as well.

So we've decided to take on their Ikan Bakar Royale set (which consist of rice + a grilled Ikan Bawal Putih aka silver pomfret fish). It is good to note here that should you decided to try on the latter, the only choice of fish would be said silver pomfret fish. If you wanted other types of fish, then different charges may apply. My partner is a grilled fish freak and yes, he's being very critical when it comes to his favourite dish. According to him, the fish was only cooked well on one side (the lower side) and not so much on the top side. Probably because the cook did not turned the fish accordingly throughout the grilling process. But hey, there's always room for improvement right? I tried on their Nasi Goreng Kerabu Bilis which resembles a Nasi Goreng Kampung visually and in taste.  I'm not saying that it's not good (in fact it's has some flavours there) but again, the very simple look does turn me off a bit. Oh and don't worry if you're a fan of their previous Nasi Ayam Hainan dish since it's still available to order.

** Current status - Has been closed (as of Sept 2017)











  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment