RSS

Kedai Kopi Amat Mee Tauhu

Hah! So you guys thought that I'd forgot all about breakfast now, do you? As far as I can remember, I only posted one such places before and you could say that this place that I'm about to review is 'related' to the previous one. It's a bit difficult to go through the history of the once most popular breakfast joint in Tawau (all I can say that it has something to do with 'internal family woes') but the Kedai Kopi Amat Mee Tauhu is still standing until today despite the shifting of its ownership. It might be situated around the same area as its biggest rival, but the place has some very loyal patrons that still flocked to the place up until now.

The strictly 'fried noodles & tofu only' shop might not have that many choices when it comes to serving you breakfast. But I personally thought (and yes, I know a lot of Tawaurians will probably disagree) that the quality and taste of their Mee Goreng, Tauhu Kecil and Tauhu Besar (2 types of tofu commonly found in any breakfast based 'kedai kopi') are better than their rivals. Maybe it's because I do not like standing around to beat the crowd for a place to eat (trust me, this place is very mellow due to their very small fan base as oppose to said rival) or maybe because my taste buds are different but I do recommend you to at least try them out to decided it for yourselves.

** Current status - Has been closed (as of Sept 2015) 







  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment