RSS

LFT: Ais Krim Pasu Bunga

I rarely review a food (as oppose to an eatery) but I do occasionally do so whenever I found that a particular food has caught my eyes (hence the reason why I created the 'Local Food Trends' aka LFT category). So behold people… the Ais Krim Pasu Bunga (yes, drama as always)! Directly translated as ‘the Flower Pot Ice-Cream’, it is exactly what you think it is. I know this dessert might not be an original idea since I did saw a couple of similar looking dishes in several places inside and outside of Tawau. If you’re interested in trying some, make sure you get yourselves to the Hilltop area. It’s surprisingly in an area right in front of the Hilltop rows of shops, where a cluster of ‘warungs’ are situated. It’s available at a place called Warung Hjh Senang, right next door to arguably one of the most well-known warungs locally, the Warung Nina.

Although I think that the creativity behind said dish was impressive, I do however am less impressed with the taste. Overall, the ice-cream lacked taste (it’s almost to the point of tasteless, which was surprising since it’s an ice-cream for crying out loud) but the condiments that completed the ‘flowery look’ on top of the pot were flavourable. Hey at least it contributed a bit to the taste right? And if you’re wondering whether you can take the ice-cream to go, well I’m sorry to disappoint you guys but it’s strictly dine-in only. But if you’re not really into the ice-cream, have no fear since the warung also caters other types of food such as typical heavy duty food (like the Mee Goreng Mamak I had – which was very good) and favourite tea time munchies such as keropok lekor and pisang cheese.  





  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment